London Swimming Winter Championships were held Long Course this year. The event took place on 4th/5th November 2017 at London Aquatic Centre, Stratford. This was a great opportunity for our swimmers to get some LC experience early in the season.
This year we had 15 qualifiers from 3 squads (Gold, PLY and PLB) who qualified for 76 events. Our performance has really stepped up!
Leander swimmers made it into 15 finals and gained 5 medals.
Our medallists were:
- Kirstin – Silver in 50 and 100 Fly
- Tyler – Bronze in 50 Free and 50 Back
- Jack – Bronze in 100 Fly
Special mention goes to our younger swimmers, Lily (still 13y) and Kiera (13y), first for qualifying in the 16& Under age group and also for swimming fantastic races.
- Lily was 2nd fastest 14y old in 400 Free, 4th fastest in 100 Free and made it top ten in 100 and 200 Back as well.
- Kiera was 5th fastest 13y old in 50 Back and made it top ten in 200 Back.
9 Age Group and 1 Open Club records were broken at this meet:
- Megan and Jack broke 3 records
- Tyler broke 2 Age Group records and one All Time Open record
- Lily broke 1 Age Group record
Although this was not a peak meet of the season Leander swimmers set 29 Personal Best time at this meet.
Official results are here: http://www.londonswimresults.org/2017/winters/
Well done to all swimmers and their coaches. Our next goal is NAL 2nd round where we aim to win again and solidify our position for the Final in December.