AGE CRITERIA – 10 TO 12 YEAR OLDS
For swimmers to maintain the squad membership for next season they will have to demonstrate and maintain the below criteria. Their commitment to the training and competition programme consistently over the whole season will be looked at first before offering a place in a more senior Squad. Information about fees.
Next training sessions
- Gold Ernest Bevin Fri 23rd Jan 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- Gold Ernest Bevin Sat 24th Jan 11:00am – 1:00pm
- Gold Ernest Bevin Sun 25th Jan 11:30am – 1:00pm
- Gold Ernest Bevin Tue 27th Jan 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Gold Ernest Bevin Wed 28th Jan 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- Gold Tooting Thu 29th Jan 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Gold Land Ernest Bevin Fri 30th Jan 6:00pm – 6:45pm
Subscribe to the squad calendar
- Attend FIVE sessions each week
- Be on poolside, ready to swim fifteen minutes before the session starts and carry out dry land warm up and blood flow on poolside as directed by the coach.
- Bring the correct equipment (see kit list)
- Bring a full water bottle
- 10 x 100 FC on 2’ maintaining good technique and pace below 2’
- 4 x 200 IM on 4’ maintaining good technique in all 4 strokes including legal turns
- 200 FC kick under 5 mins
Swimmers should attend meets as per squad competition calendar and make themselves available for team competitions in which the Club is taking part (NAL, MK Junior League, relays at Surreys and Regionals).
Illness or absence
Please use the form to inform your coach of any absence due to illness or other commitments. Please state your child’s name, squad and a brief reason for absence. If a fuller explanation is needed, arrange to speak to the coach before or after a session.
If a swimmer is late to a session, they should not enter the pool until told to by the coach, who will explain the warm-up and allocate a lane.
If a swimmer feels unwell during a session they should tell the coach straight away. They must not stay in the changing room as the coach must be aware of which swimmers are in the building.
Information is sent via the Gold Squad rep – please ensure we have an up-to-date email address.
Leander is a community-based sports club, run by volunteer parents drawn mainly from the senior swimming squads. We cannot function without you – any offer of help, no matter how small, is always appreciated. Thank you.