Next training sessions
- Fitness/Club Ernest Bevin Sun 23rd Nov 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Fitness/Club JAGS Tue 25th Nov 7:00pm – 8:30pm
- Fitness/club Balham Wed 26th Nov 8:15pm – 9:30pm
- Fitness/Club Clapham Fri 28th Nov 8:00pm – 9:00pm
Subscribe to the squad calendar
- Swimmers are usually from 11-18 years of age
- Be able to do interval training of 400m
- General galas
- Promote healthy lifestyle and overall fitness
Fitness squad offers structured training sessions in a fun and relaxed atmosphere and is ideal for swimmers who want to participate in other sports as well as swimming. It also suits those for whom the attendance requirements for the senior squads are too much either because of exams or other commitments. Club/Competitive Development is a squad that trains at the same time as a fitness but with a focus on honing technique to enable swimmers progress to the main squads.
There are four dedicated Fitness sessions per week (plus land training) but there is no minimum attendance and the entry criteria are relaxed.
What to bring: water bottle, kickboard, goggles, hat, gym kit (Sundays)