Head coach Martin writes: In our preparation for Open Water Regional Championships, which are also qualifying rounds for the National Championships in July, four Leander swimmers ventured out of London into the unknown waters of Shepperton lake.
Caroline Findlay writes: On Saturday 4 June Leander hosted the first round of this year’s MK junior league. We had been drawn against some stiff opposition – 3 of the top 6 clubs in last year’s competition including the winners.
Head Coach Martin writes: The Regional Championships concluded in May with the 11 -14 year old age group competition. 10 Leander swimmers qualified this year.
We had fantastic first weekend, gaining two medals and our first Regional Champion – Jordan S-D in the 200m Breast. Imogen M took Bronze in the 200m Breast.
The star performances continued in the second weekend:
- Kirstin became our other Regional Champion by winning the 50 Fly in a very close race. She also collected Bronze in the 400m IM.
- Jordan collected Silvers in the 100m Breast and the 400m IM
- Jake, Khaled, Joseph and Tymek came 6th in the 14-16y Boys 4x200m Free
- Enerel, Suzannah, Megan and Kirstin came 5th in the 14-16y Girls 4x200m Free
The pump at Ernest Bevin is still awaiting repair, so the changes to sessions continue. We are sorry for the inconvenience, which is out of our control. The squad calendars have been updated with the changed sessions. Please keep checking back for new changes.
Head Coach Martin writes: We took more than 50 swimmers to this meet in Wycombe’s recently opened new 50m pool. The main aim was to take swimmers out of their comfort zone (24 of our swimmers had never competed in a 50m pool before) and to compete outside London in as many events as possible to encourage team spirit and healthy rivalry.
We had so much fun as a team. We saw quality racing, a huge amount of PBs and medals. Quick stats:
- 277 PBs
- 14 Gold medals, 30 Silver and 18 Bronze
- 8 new club records broken
- Leander swimmers were among the top girls: Enerel was 2nd and Lucy A 3rd
- Jacob T came third among boys.
- Leander were Top Visiting Club, ahead of Stratford Sharks and Thame SC
Head Coach Martin Jurco writes: Last weekend 8 Leander swimmers participated in London Region Championships. This was the first part of the Championships with distance events for all age groups, most relays and Youth events (swimmers 15 and over).
As it was still the school holidays for many we started unusually on Friday at Crystal Palace with relays and distance events.
Our most successful team were the girls 14-16 medley team (Mia, Imogen, Megan and Kirstin) who came 5th out of 20. The girls freestyle team (Kirstin, Enerel, Lucy and Lily) came 12th overall. See the full results. Continue reading