We are holding trials for potential competitive squad swimmers on Sunday 19th May at St Joseph’s College from 5pm to 6pm. Swimmers should already be able to swim at least 100m of free, back and breast, 50m of fly, be able to tumble turn and to dive from blocks. They should also be fit enough to keep up with an hour-long session during which ability in all four strokes will be assessed.
Please use the contact form if you’d like to attend as we have limited space and need to know numbers in advance.
Please note this session is NOT for prospective entrants to our teaching academy, for which assessments will take place later this term.
The true team spirit of Leander showed on Sunday as our teams took part in the final day of the Surreys, the relays. Wearing their waterproof warpaint with pride, our swimmers put in consistently fine performances against the county’s top clubs.
No medals sadly, but several top ten finishes. More importantly, we fielded (pooled?) multiple teams in most of the events, allowing lots of swimmers to get a taste of the county competition atmosphere, and building team spirit for the next round of galas. Well done everyone!
Times and results for all Surrey Champs events.
Max Gold 50 Fly
Kasia Bronze 50 Fly
Imogen Bronze 50 Breast
The busiest day of the Surrey Champs is always the sprints gala at Crystal Palace. This year was no exception, with snow and seas of mud to make parents’ jobs even harder. There were 4 medals for Leander, including two Golds! Lots of finalists and PBs meant a great team effort – well done all! The highlights:
- Gold: Kane Rabanal-Hunt (50 Breast), Max Tidmarsh (50 Fly)
- Bronze: Imogen Marcar (50 Breast), Kasia Procter (50 Fly)
- Finalists: Connie Bunch, Gus Colfer, Reiss Ormonde-Cunningham, Lily Picchioni, Kasia Procter, Jules Rognon, Polly Ruppel, Toby Seriki, Max Tidmarsh
See the results in full.
For their session on Comic Relief day, the Gold Squad raised money (and lots of laughs) by training in their PJs. Well done all!
Reiss O-C Bronze 200 Fly
Kane R-H Silver, Reiss O-C Bronze 200 Breast
What an exciting weekend. Firstly a huge well done to everyone, PBs galore and 5 medals. The highlights of many excellent performances:
- Silver to Kane Rabanal-Hunt in the 200 Breast, (that brings Kane’s total haul to 3 so far).
- Bronze Medalists (all their first ever Surrey medals): Imogen Marcar in the 200 Breast, Reiss Ormonde-Cunningham in the 200 Breast and 200 Fly, and Kasia Procter in the 100 Free .
- Alex Archer and Kane Rabanal-Hunt made the finals of the 100 Free.
See the full results so far. Continue reading
Leander Swimming Club is run by parents of swimmers. We would like to increase the number of people both on the committee and helping out in general and are looking for new volunteers to join us. Continue reading