As well as the long-standing records broken listed here, six more club records were broken last weekend.
- Reese George 100 Back under 12 girls 1:14.71 – breaking a Louisa F-F record from 2002
- Reese George 200 back under 12 girls 2:39.80
- Bella Hodges 200 IM under 10 girls 3:08.17
- Bella Hodges 200 back under 10 girls 3:02.44
- Ella Wakefield 200 fly under 14 girls 2:41.68
- Jake Wood 200 Back under 12 boys 2:52.51
Excellent swims everyone! View the full list of club records.
Some records still haven’t been set since we introduced them two years ago – under 10 400 free and under 12 400 IM for both boys and girls, and the under 12 1500 free for boys. Who’s going to claim them?
Steve Baker writes: With three weekends gone of the Surrey County Championships, 5 swimmers have won 11 medals and we are closing in on last year’s total with plenty of time and events to go. Many of these swims were new Leander club records. The medals one this weekend were:
- Reiss Ormonde-Cunningham: Gold 15yo 200 fly, Silver 15yo 200 back and Bronze 15yo 100 fly
- Bella Hodges: Silver 9 yo 200 back and Bronze 9 yo 200 IM
- Kasia Procter: Bronze 14 yo 200 fly
Other notable achievements (see the full results here):
- Reese George: 4th 11yo 100 back and 5th 11yo 200 back
- Reiss Ormonde-Cunningham: 4th 15yo 200 IM and 7th 15 yo 100 Back
- Ella Wakefield: 6th 13yo 200 fly (with a 17 second PB!)
- Ben Davis 7 sec PB in the 100 Back
Well done all and congratulations also to the others who qualified: Jake White, Lily Piccioni, Layth Abdullah
One more weekend to go - lets see even more record breaking!
We’ve just updated our records page to reflect the fantastic performances our swimmers have recorded recently. In particular some long-standing benchmarks have finally been beaten:
Reiss Ormonde-Cunningham has set two all ages records:
- 400 IM 4:53.04 breaking James Harris’ 23 year old record from 1991
- 1500 free 17:02.91, beating Shane Annun’s 1998 mark
He’s also set two under 16 records:
- 100 fly 1:01.35, breaking John Rayment’s record from 1996 by more than a second
- 200 IM under 16 2:15.76, breaking Tim Harris’ 1999 time
Bella Hodges has set five under 10 girls records, including:
- 50 free 34.01, beating Louisa Farrer-Fisher’s time set in 2000
- 50 back 40.67, Hannah Cannell set the previous record, also in 2000
Well done Reiss, Bella and all our other record breakers! See a list of all club records.
Steve Baker writes: With three days gone of the Surrey County Championships, 4 swimmers have won 5 medals and we are closing in on last year’s total of 9 with most of the shorter events still to come. Read the results so far.
Big congratulations to the medalists to date:
- Reiss Ormonde-Cunningham – Gold, 15yo 400 IM and Silver, 15yo 400 Free
- Imogen Marcar – Silver, 11yo 100 Breast
- Alex Archer – Bronze, 15yo 100 Breast
- Bella Hodges – Bronze, 9yo 200 Free Continue reading
Then you might be chosen to be part of the Wandsworth London Youth Games swimming team. More details in this information letter.